Areas of Impact
Our life-changing services empower people with developmental disabilities across three distinct areas to support the whole person.
Brighter Futures Begin With Support for the Whole Person
We carefully design our services to ensure we provide support for the whole person, regardless of their needs or disability. And if a service doesn’t exist? We’ll boldly go into new territory and create it ourselves, pushing the boundaries of what’s possible so we can help the people we serve do the same. Our whole person approach provides solutions and support across three essential areas of life impact:
Safe and Loving Homes
A great life starts with choice. AbleLight offers a variety of housing options to meet every need, including community-based group homes, supported living services and host home arrangements. Our latest innovation is AbleLight Village, a first-of-its-kind residential community concept that unites independent people with disabilities with people of all abilities in a loving, welcoming and vibrant environment. Our housing options help people live as independently as possible while maintaining a meaningful connection to their community.
Independence and Wellbeing
We make it possible to achieve joy in daily living through many signature programs. Through our Behavior Supports and ABA Therapy, we provide individualized treatment plans for people with disabilities and their families to promote positive behavior change. Our one-on-one support guides the transition from school-based services to independent living, and from adult living skills to on-the-job support. Our AbleLight College builds life and work skills in young adults, getting them ready to dream big and accomplish more.
Community and Faith
A strong connection to the community is key to a fulfilling life. We make that connection through day programs, virtual programming, faith connections, and volunteering options that bring people together. As a Christian organization we strongly believe that supporting the whole person means everyone (who desires), has access to faith resources and participation in the faith community of their choice. From weekly virtual prayer devotions, bible studies and activities, to attending services, there are many opportunities to grow in faith.
Your gift matters
A gift today can transform the lives of people with developmental disabilities in some of these powerful and meaningful ways –
- A child improves their ability to read and communicate with their friends, siblings and parents through our ABA Therapy services
- A young adult who gets to go to college for the first time through our AbleLight College programs
- An individual is welcomed into a new safe and loving home and doesn’t risk homelessness or living in an unsafe environment
- Quality care is delivered by a care professional to support an individual with complex needs
- An individual gets the assistive technology device they need to independently manage their medications and improve their quality of life
- A person is able to participate in faith and worship during the most challenging of times